Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What's Your Story Mornin' Glory?

Odd and adventurous, life is.  If anyone would have asked me when I was young(er) if I would have taken the path that I did, I would have said "NO WAY!"  I mean I was going to be a radio DJ after all, duh.  But through it all...through it all....  Sorry, had to take a musical intermission.  Back to the story.  I don't know if I mentioned that on top of being OBSSESSED with shoes, I also LOVE to sing. 

Ok, moving on.  We all have a story to tell.  Just like the bible, our stories vary.  There are stories filled with betrayal, murder, lust, lies, etc.  My favorite stories, just like a great movie finale, end in V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!  That's God's favorite too, beloved. 

There are many facets to my story so I'll share a bit at a time as the Lord directs.  I want to make one thing clear.  I am not ashamed of my story.  God created my story just for me.  No one else, no matter how similar, has had the exact same story.  I make no apologies for my story.  It is unique.  If my story offends you, take it up with God.  I have dealt with the ramifications for the choices I have made.  I have repented.  I have paid my dues. 

The goal in telling my story is to help others.  There are so many times that we find ourselves caught in a trap where it seems there is no way out.  There is.  There always is.  I urge you to always, always, always ask for help when you feel yourself stumbling (or being tripped).  Ask a friend.  Ask a Pastor.  Ask a counselor.  Ask God.  God always makes a way. 

I'm going to need help here.  I ask that you come alongside me,  I ask that you share in my victories.  I ask that you share your story.  I ask that you find your voice. 

http://www.theambercarrillo.com

2 comments:

  1. Yes our story/ stories help others, because we are not the Lone Ranger, because we do think we are half the time... I will come along side of you in sisterhood, friendship and a believer of the one true God!! Also an avid Shoes of the sisterhood too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! I look forward to it! Ahhh, shoes. I would love to have Carrie Bradshaw's shoe closet. :D My mansion in heaven is going to look like Hermann park with lots of shoes...

    ReplyDelete